This is the best ever guacamole. Imagine! There was a time I didn’t even know what guacamole or an avocado was, much less make the best ever one now. Those who have my guacamole really, really like it. Many people use lime juice, but I do believe the lemon juice gives it the kick that we all like. Another tip is to mash the guacamole with a fork. If you put it in a food processor, it changes the entire consistency of it. Makes it too smooth in my opinion. And the coarse-ness or smoothness of food or the way it’s cut changes the taste. For example, julienned vegetables have a completely different effect in my mouth than chunks of vegetables do. Same thing with the coarsely-lumpy avocado in guacamole. Lots of cilantro and green onions instead of white onions make this dish one you will want to make again.
- 2 avocados, sliced in half, pit removed.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 red, firm tomato, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely diced
- Sea Salt
- Score the avocado both lengthwise and width-wise. Scoop out the scored chunks with a spoon. Mash with a fork, but keep the mixture lumpy
- Drizzle lemon juice over the avocado, to prevent from browning. In the meantime, prepare the rest of your ingredients. Add everything to the avocado mixture and toss together
- Serve with homemade pita chips, tortilla chips or your favorite crackers. This is just the best